1. I'm having one of those days where I wish I could quit my job, study, life etc and just do something different. I'd love to just pack up and move to the other side of the world just to see what would happen.
2. This might sound stupid coming from someone who is 19 years old, but I have fingernails!!! Seriously, not one day in my 19 years and 5 months existence have I had long fingernails (Chloe can vouch that even a month and a bit ago I didn't) but since using Arved's (my mum's partner- if I ever refer to my 'stepfather' that's who I mean. It's just easier to say that) magic potion (some Estonian stuff) they've been growing so well and now... I don't know what to do with them lol. I'm so used to having no fingernails now I cant type properly. Bah. But I can wear nail polish (black, of course) now which is exciting =D
3. Handed up more stuff for uni on Friday. One of the assignments I wont get a great mark on but the other I'm quite happy with. For Professional English we have to write a 'controversial' essay and they gave us a list of topics to choose from. They're all really pathetic (childhood obesity, ANZAC Day, the typical stuff they get students to write about) so I asked my tutor if I could pick another topic. She said yes but to run it by her first. In Sociology we were talking about pornography and violent media causing femicide (homicide of females) last week and I found it fascinating. The article we were reading was written by an uber left-wing feminist but I still really enjoyed reading it (if you filter out the bias). So I wrote up an 'essay' plan and proposed this idea to my English tutor. Apparently she feels it may not be 'appropriate' but will run it by the coordinator anyway. BAH! Hopefully it's ok, it's something I'd really be interested in doing and it certainly is controversial (either way you look at it).
4. Andrew and I made muffins today. Millions and millions of muffins.
5. Heard something sad today. The friend of some girls from work is in hospital. She took a fall last weekend, hit her head and is now 80% brain-dead with little to no chance of recovery (she's in an induced coma). She's the same age as me.
6. Stuff I'm looking forward to in the near future:
1. Anberlin tomorrow =D
2. Holidays (soon but cant remember when exactly)
3. DEATHSTARS- Sept 26 (plus seeing my best friend who I only see maybe once or twice a year)
4. Marilyn Manson- Oct 7 and 8
5. Venture Bros season 4 and Metalocalypse season 3 =D Seriously I watch almost no TV (all the shows I like aren't on TV (anime) or have been cancelled) so these two I'm super pumped for
6. Dying my hair a new and exciting (?) colour. I want to go black but it's such a pain to change so maybe dark brown. Need a change.
Stuff I'm not looking forward to in the near future:
1. Boring assignments, mostly Geography
2. Looking for additional/alternate employment *sigh*
7. I had a job interview on Friday. Just some casual work (9 days) working at the Royal Adelaide Show which is coming up in the next couple of weeks. They pay through the teeth and it isn't hard work. Could make around $1200 + in those 9 days! Which, as a student, is practically millions. It was a group interview (which I like, because I'm a show off) and all they wanted was for (one by one) everyone to stand up, say your name, age, availability and talk about yourself/work history. I went 4th and pulled it off (I thought) quite well. Everybody after me was a complete air-head who couldn't form a sentence without saying 'like' and/or giggling. The employer LOVED them =\ So... I'm not going to get a job because I'm too mature, experienced and professional... greeeeeat. Any other job, in that group, I have no doubt I'd be hired... well we'll see but I'm not holding my breath.
8. My sister is wagging school again. Goddamnit when will she grow up? She's only in year 10. I could have slept through year 10 and still passed, it's not that hard! She's not being bullied, she has good teachers, a loving family who would do anything for her, anything a 15 year old could want... so why is she doing it? She just says 'oh school is lame'... YES IT IS but we all have to do it! Some people have great lives having never completed high school but Laura just couldn't be one of those people. She really needs to finish because she's just not motivated enough to do anything that you COULD do with out a high school diploma. She's not the most academic person but all you need is 50% to pass. Even if you get a crummy year 12 score, having passed gives you a huge advantage and she's just throwing all these opportunities away. Nobody in the family expects her to go to uni (pressure's on me now) but we do expect her to try her best, which she's never really done. I would talk to her, but I never see her. And even if I did, she'd never tell me anything. She's way past the stage of thinking her big sister is cool.
9. In Australia we have plenty of music festivals but none are really geared towards people who like heavier music, like myself. Except for Soundwave. Soundwave has only been around for a few years but has always had plenty of metal bands which keeps folks like myself happy. The line-up was announced for SW 2010 the other day. It sucks =( They've substituted metal with emo *grumpy* Not happy.